This allows the condemnation, and the rationalization to cast such a darkness over us and our faith that we can´t even remember how beautiful it was to walk in the light. We lose the longing for the life that we were created for, and grow satisfied with a life of ministry that knows no power, minimal purpose, and almost no passion. But in the midst of the shadows God continues to call. He invites us home. As the prodigal son ¨came to his senses¨so can we. The Father is waiting with open arms, the family ring, and the robe of an heir. He longs for us to experience once again the yoke that is easy and the life that is abundant.
Stepping into the light will bring conviction of sin when you expose yourself once again to the holiness of God. But step into the light any way. Persevere through the transition. Conviction, repentance, confession, and reconciliation. Day at a time you will once again emerge to a life of light that will be even stronger than before because due to your times in the shadows you now appreciate the beauty of the light.
If you will desire to hunger for the light again here are a few suggestions.
- Discipline yourself in the Word and in prayer. In time the discipline will turn to delight in His Word and in prayer.
- Find some trusted Christian friends of the same gender and begin to share your struggles and victories together on a regular basis.
- Manage your life well. We are much more susceptible to attacks of the evil one when we are tired, lazy, sick, disorganized, hurried, and longing for a better life. Simplify.
- Immerse yourselves in the things of God by all means possible. Books, music, sermon downloads, godly friendships, nature, conferences, blogs, or whatever is best for your situation.
- Remove yourself from compromising situations and influences that draw you towards sin. (certain friendships, places you go, media, etc.)
- Surrender everything.